The Alliance for International Medical Action Limited Recruitment 2023/2024… | Alliance for International Medical Action Limited Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. Alliance for International Medical Action Limited recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Nigerian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming Alliance for International Medical Action Limited Recruitment and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Nigerian for the 2023/2024 Alliance for International Medical Action Limited recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Alliance for International Medical Action Limited.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
Alliance for International Medical Action Limited Recruitment 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Title: Finance Manager
ALIMA in Nigeria
- The humanitarian crisis in Nigeria’s northeast and the Lake Chad region is one of the most severe ongoing crises in the world, now entering in its ninth year and shows no sign of abating. In 2023, at least 8.7 million people are in need of urgent humanitarian assistance in the worst affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe. Up to 5.1 million people risk being critically food insecure during the next lean season (June – August 2023), a level similar to 2016-2017 when famine was looming over Borno State
- Nigeria is now facing a second wave of COVID-19 infections. Borno, Adamawa, Yobe states have recorded new cases. Aid actors are intensifying actions and prevention measures. Despite challenges including humanitarian space reduction, aid workers had already provided around 5 million people with life-saving assistance in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in 2023.
- Conflict, explosive remnants of war and insecurity have cut people off from their main means of livelihoods-farming and fishing. This causes major food insecurity in north-east Nigeria, which COVID-19’s effects on incomes have exacerbated: despite good crop yields, food insecurity is rising. Findings of the October 2023 Cadre Harmonize (CH) analysis projected that about 5.1 million people in the three states will be food-insecure in the lean season between June and August 2023 – a 19% and 34% increase on the 2023 (after COVID-19 June CH Update) and 2023 figures respectively.
- According to the Nutrition and Food Security Surveillance Round 9, conducted in October 2023, the level of acute malnutrition increased in all the three states compared to 2023. Global acute malnutrition (GAM) rates of 10.7% were recorded in Borno, 7.5% in Adamawa and 13.6% in Yobe. According to the survey, several LGAs had high pockets of global acute malnutrition of above the 15% threshold (emergency phase), including Gubio, Magumeri, Mobbar and Bayo in Borno State and all LGAs in northern Yobe. Movement restrictions and insecurity continue to hamper the ability of IDPs, returnees and the host communities to access basic services, livelihoods, and land for farming and grazing.
- This means that more people will rely on humanitarian aid to survive in 2023. In 2017, ALIMA continued to implement projects in Muna Garage in Jere LGA, where ALIMA performs general consultations for children under 5 and provides Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) to pregnant and lactating women (antenatal and postnatal consultations).
- An Outpatient Therapeutic Feeding Program (OTP) is also available for children under 5 suffering from severe acute malnutrition (SAM) in the clinic, where women and caretakers are trained to screen their children for malnutrition using the MUAC tape.
- In Maiduguri MC, where ALIMA is working in partnership with the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH), the Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Center (ITFC) manages children under 5 suffering from SAM with medical complications in a 50-bed capacity building. In December 2023, ALIMA conducted a needs assessment survey in the north of Yobe where a high level of acute malnutrition was recorded by nutrition sector.
- The results of this survey prompted ALIMA to open a nutrition and health project covering the Kasasuwa LGA, one of the most affected LGAs and where there was a gap. This project started in May 2023 and fund by ECHO aim to support Karasuwa health facilities and improve access to nutrition and health services including pediatrics healthcare and reproductive health. In parallel ALIMA is opening an emergency nutrition project in Katsina state and is present is Owo state since 2018 for Lassa fever response and research.
Mission and Main Activities
Objective 1 – Responsible for mission monthly accountancy closure:
- Disseminating information about the accounting procedures of the mission and ensuring that these procedures are respected
- the comprehensiveness and precision of entries and the correct budgetary charging of expenses
- Ensure mission books are closed on monthly basis towards the end of the month
- Timely forwarding of accounting information to Head of Finance and HQ.
- Ensure that all Cash count & Bank Reconciliations are done at the month end for the mission.
- Supervise and ensure that all accounting documentation is updated on daily basis & reconciles with Bank Books and Cash Books.
- Prepare shared costs file with proficient budget allocation and ensure importation is done to SAGA.
- Ensure that new contracts are entered in SAGA and parameters are correct and send to all bases.
- Request additional information from both bases and Finance officer and Assistant as needed.
- Ensure monthly class 4+ report is prepared & shared with Finance Officer.
- Ensure that all journal entry corrections are done accordingly after the monthly closure.
- Responsible for updating Saga with Odoo figures shared by Finance Coordinator on Monthly basis and ensure Saga and Odoo reconciles.
- Review the mission monthly accountancy to ensure correctness of account codes, budget lines and descriptions used and feedback is sent to all finance team in the mission on accountancy.
- Ensure Original documents from the field locations are received at the Coordination on Monthly basis. Review the documents including the coordination ones, feedback is given to field Admins and timely corrections done.
- Ensure all the original documents are properly filed and archived (Electronically and physical)
- Contribute to update of any new financial tool when required or asked by Head of Finance.
Objective 2 – Contribute to Grant financial management, donors’ compliance & budget analysis:
- Responsible for monthly preparation of BFU and Shared Cost then share with Finance Coordinator.
- Receive & incorporating budget forecast in BFU.
- Review donor guidelines and ensure flexibility is respected
- Ensure proper filing of grants vouchers (review hard documents, review archiving process with the Capital finance team in close coordination with Finance Coordinator.
- Support budget holders in developing their forecast and monitoring their lines
- Monitor level of over/underspending per budget lines and provide feedback to Finance Coordinator.
- Inform the Finance Coordinator of any information which impact the grant financial status.
Objective 3 – Payroll Management and Taxes:
- Responsible for ensuring all Mission Taxes are prepared and remitted on time to the relevant authorities (WHT, PAYE etc).
- Responsible for ensuring all Mission Pensions and NSITF are prepared and remitted on time for the national staffs.
- Share the final Pension / PAYE information with Finance Coordinator & Base Admins.
- In collaboration with Finance Coordinator, provide budget allocation for all national staff on monthly basis to HR.
- Ensure that Expat salary advance are filed & recorded in SAGA. Send the scan copy to Head of Finance.
- Contribute to monthly preparation of national staff payroll
- Generate NSITF, PAYE, Pension & staff salary transfers information from payroll on monthly basis.
- Directly reporting to Finance Coordinator.
- Liaise with mission Liaise with Coordination log team.
- Liaise with HR Department.
- Interaction with suppliers, banking and financial institution service providers, tax offices and other national authorities or institutions with which ALIMA has working relationships for administrative and financial needs.
- Monthly Finance reports like closure (input/support to Head of Finance in preparation).
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- B.Sc in Accounting, Bachelor level Degree in Management, Finance or related field;
- MBA or similar higher degree a plus.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player.
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV with colour picture and qualifications with contact details all in the same files to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2023.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications will be taken into account.
- Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process
2. Job Title: Creative Director at Virtual PALyn
- Alliance for International Medical Action Limited DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
Few things to know before applying for Alliance for International Medical Action Limited Recruitment 2023
To apply for the Alliance for International Medical Action Limited Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline for any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Alliance for International Medical Action Limited Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.