The International Rescue Committee Limited Recruitment 2023/2024… | International Rescue Committee Limited Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. International Rescue Committee Limited recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Nigerian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming International Rescue Committee Limited Recruitment and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Nigerian for the 2023/2024 International Rescue Committee Limited recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at International Rescue Committee Limited.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
International Rescue Committee Limited Recruitment 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Senior Program & Health Promotion Officer
Requisition ID: req35207
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Reports to: Senior Health Manager
Job Overview / Summary
- This project employs a, Community engagement, health promotion, health system support and strengthening approaches to provide a high-quality primary health care service and Psychosocial First Aid.
- Under the direct supervision of Senior Health Manager, the senior program and health promotion officer will be responsible for developing education, mobilization and sensitization activities and strategies related to health promotion for IRC health program in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- S/he will also be the focal point for risk communication and community engagement in case of disease outbreaks and other events of public health importance.
- The main goal of the position is to transform attitudes and adjust health seeking behaviors through community mobilization, sensitization, advocacy, and health education.
- S/he will be working closely with the Health Team to ensure that the IRC’s health project interventions are guided by the Nigeria Country Program SAP Implementation Plan.
- Lead the development/review of health promotion activities and community mobilization strategies including the specific strategies to reach the hard-to-reach communities/ populations and innovation of SBCC strategies for health programs.
- Work with the community mobilization team to designs and adapts health promotion /community mobilization work-plans that adapt the shifting needs and gaps in knowledge of communities.
- Support in formulating key advocacy targets and messages from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation.
- Contribute to proposal and strategy development through input on needs for health promotion and community engagement activities.
- Liaise with service providers at IRC / IRC- supported government facilities to ensure strong linkages between services and communities.
- He/She supports in organizing culturally sensitive educational and promotional activities to improve community participation in health service provision and raise awareness on health / reproductive health services such as immunization, family planning, antenatal / postnatal care, hygiene promotion, STIs and other communicable diseases, non-communicable diseases.
- Lead the conduct of regular communities’ assessment: discussions, meetings, interviews, focus group discussions as to assess the needs and gaps in knowledge of the targeted communities.
Grant Management and Program Support:
- Ensure project activities are implemented according to the detailed implementation plan and within the allocated budgets.
- Responsible for management of health promotion and community mobilization budget lines
- Manage sector procurement plan, contribute to item forecast development and follow up with supply chain to ensure timely delivery of the sector supplies.
- Contribute to integra BVA report and provide recommendations/interventions to correct any identified deviations that impact budget adherence.
- Develop continuous education programs and build the capacity of community mobilisers, community volunteers, Community Health Influencers Promoters and Services (CHIPs) agent, and traditional birth attendant to deliver organizational objectives on SBCC including health promotion and community mobilization for service utilization SBCC.
- Supports in the administrative management of the team of Community Health Volunteers (CHVs), CHIPS and Traditional Birth Attendants (TBAs) (letters of agreement, payment of stipends, in-kind incentives etc).
- Monitor staff daily attendance to duty posts and ensure time sheets are correctly filled and submitted monthly.
- Routinely monitor supervised staff performance according to their job description and provide written feedback in a timely manner.
- Responsible for compiling and keeping records of all the health education/promotional sessions (number/ gender/ age segregated).
- Work with M&E team to analyze data on a weekly/monthly basis, feeds information back to the program, and adapts strategies accordingly.
- Provide weekly/monthly activity reports to the sector.
- Attend meetings concerning overall health program issues.
- Supervise and regular review and revise training manuals to maintain consistency with the acceptable protocols.
- Ensure accurate project documentation, including collection of monitoring data and tracking of progress on output indicators; utilize data to contribute to reports as requested by management.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position reports to: Senior Health Manager
- Position directly supervises community mobilization officers and support to health program officers/assistant.
- Indirect Reporting: Health/Reproductive Health Managers, Senior Managers and Health Coordinator
- Key External Contacts: MOH, SPHCDA, UMTH, SSH, Umaru Shehu Specialist hospital and other INGOs (e.g., possible collaborative partners), Community leaders, health facility management team and CHIPS Agents.
- Internal: Health (Outreach Staff, Midwives, program managers) and other sectors (WPE, M&E, Governance, Finance, Supply Chain
- University Degree or Higher Diploma in Social Sciences, Sciences, Health Education, Nursing or Community/Public Health (Discharge / Exemption Certificate).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with local communities in a Health/Reproductive Health project especially as health educator/community mobilizer or similar position.
- Experience working with displaced population is a plus.
- Familiarity with the local context in Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe State.: language, culture
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Willingness to travel to hard-to-reach areas, flexible, diplomatic and have ability and willingness live and work under pressure of workloads.
- Fluent in written/spoken English and Hausa
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Add position-specific (e.g., accounting software, statistical software, etc.).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
2. Job Title: Logistics Assistant at Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI)
Position: Logistics Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Logistics Coordinator or another designated staff, the Logistics assistant will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Filing of all necessary procurement documents and archiving electronically.
- Tracking and monitoring all original invoices and verifing before payment.
- Issuing tender documents to vendors on request after tender is announced.
- Assisting the procurement officer in updating suppliers list and price lists and regularly checking on price validity for updates..
- Data entry on procurement software (REGOLO) and uploading the required documentation accordingly.
- Ensure proper fuel storage and management at base and update the fuel tracking form deligently.
- Submit monthly logistics and fuel consumption reports to the Logistics Coordinator.
- Ensure the asset inventory regidter is updated regularly and submit to LogCo monthly or as per need.
- Support the identification and contracting of premises (office, guesthouses & warehouses) based on geographical, operational and financial criteria, in close liaison with the LogCo.
- Contribute to ensure proper working and living conditions for all staff in each premises by providing appropriate power supply, drinking water, stationery etc.
- Perform quarterly appraisal for vendors and update the supplier’s database.
- Code of conduct and associated policies
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply COOPI’s Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Monitors and vendors/agents on such principles.
- Promote the zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud policy.
- Ensure preventive and and corrective maitenance of works of premises.
- Coordinate with relevant departments for travel arrangements and reservations as necessary.
- Manage vehicle fleet and ensure that the trip logs are counter-signed by the lead passengers.
- Schedule timely and regular preventive service of the generators.
- Support policy implementation in procurement / logistics to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of organization by working with respective coordinators.
- Undertake market survey on a regular basis to obtain prices at competitive costs for services and goods.
- This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically those assigned by the Logistics Coordinator.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Experience, Competences, Skills)
- University Degree in either Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent, or another relevant field experience with additional years of related work experience and/or specialized training / courses.
- At least 3 years working with an INGO.
- Experience working in North West or North East is an added advantage.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Sound understanding of supply Chain and procurement cycle, concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of common procurement / logistics principles and possesses and the ability to quickly assimilate COOPI and donors’ processes and systems;
- Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information.
- Good communication and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapts quickly to different situations;
- Excellent oral, and writing skills.
- Well organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work independently and in a team with other departments and units.
- Be professional, motivated, flexible, and culturally sensitive
- Be excellent in communication skills and proficient in report writing especially tender reports and monthly reports.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relationships with people from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple tasks in an autonomous manner.
- Previous work experience with INGOs and UN Organization is desirable.
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Previous experience in a similar position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th December 2023.
- International Rescue Committee Limited DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
Few things to know before applying for International Rescue Committee Limited Recruitment 2023
To apply for the International Rescue Committee Limited Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline for any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum International Rescue Committee Limited Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.