The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited Recruitment 2022/2023… | United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited recruitment 2022 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Nigerian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited Recruitment and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Nigerian for the 2022/2023 United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited.
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2022.
United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited Recruitment 2022/2023
1. Job Title: Peace Building Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Host Entity: UNDP
Duration: 12 months
Sustainable Development Goal: 16. Peace, justice and strong institutions
Expected Start Date: 31/10/2022
Description of Assignment Title: Peace Building Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Volunteer category: National UN Volunteer Specialist
Mission and Objectives:
- UNDP is the United Nations largest agency with a mandate to eradicate poverty, through sustainable and inclusive human development.
- UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth, and Sustainable Development.
- UNDP continues to support the government in the implementation of development interventions aimed at meeting medium to long term goals enshrined in National and Subnational development plans as well as the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The goal of UNDP is to improve the lives of the people of Nigeria, especially the poorest and most vulnerable, and to ensure a future that offers equality, dignity, and opportunity for all.
- UNDP works in partnership with the federal Government of Nigeria, development partners, UN agencies, civil society and local communities to help identify local solutions to meet global and national development challenges through a range of interventions that combine UNDP’s expertise and comparative advantage in the areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
- UNDP is supporting the Government and people of Nigeria in mitigating conflict risks and creating conditions for inclusive and sustainable development through:
- The Prevention Facility funded by Germany and implemented in Katsina, Sokoto and Zamfara State
- The Climate-Security Project funded by Norway and implemented in the border areas of Illela (Sokoto) and Jibia (Katsina)
- The Peace Infrastructure Project funded by the SG’s Peace Building Fund and implemented in Katsina and Kaduna
- The Support to Anambra State Peace Commission funded by the Federal Government of Nigeria and implemented in Anambra State
- The Herder-Farmer peace building project funded by the Human Security Trust Fund implemented in Benue and Nasarawa States respectively.
- The overall objective of these projects is to create the conditions necessary for sustainable and inclusive development through peace building – including revitalizing of border economies, rebuilding livelihoods of affected communities and strengthening institutional arrangements for long term prevention of conflicts.
To ensure effective and impactful implementation of this projects, UNDP is seeking the services of a qualified Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to work closely with the Conflict Prevention and Peace Building Team under the overall supervision of the Crisis Prevention and Recovery Advisor in performing the following tasks:
- Assist in developing and implementing individual and integrated M&E Plan including baseline and end line data to report against project indicators and targets as necessary.
- Ensure that collection of data and analysis for monitoring the implementation of the complimentary peace building projects is gender sensitive.
- Coordinate tracking the implementation of achievement of the Peace Building and Conflict prevention project’ results; regularly collecting necessary information related to projects implementation (indicators, results, figures)
- From an M&E perspective, provide written inputs to the reports which will be reviewed by the PMSU before final submission
- Provide and coordinate training activities on M&E. Organize project impact monitoring and evaluation trainings and review including independent impact evaluations.
- Organize and conduct joint field monitoring visits with relevant project staff and partners
- Accompany project evaluations and support the final external evaluation of project implementation.
- Monitor progress in achieving project outcomes and provide reporting and evaluation guidance to respective project staff
- Provide quality assurance or guidance to the project staff for timely project (semi-annual/annual/final) reporting to PMSU and donors
- Provide quality assurance on results-based reporting and review half year, annual, final reports on project implementation and final project evaluation reports.
Required Education Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Monitoring and Evaluating Peace Building and Conflict Prevention or related Development Projects.
- 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluating, peace building and conflict prevention or related development projects.
- Data collection, analysis and reporting, as well as developing and executing M&E plans.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Crisis and emergency response, Volunteer management, Communication
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Age: 27 – 80
- Nationality: Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
Competencies and Values:
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills
- Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards UNDP’s mission and vision, as well as to the UN Core Values
- Teamwork and respect for diversity
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Planning and organizing
Living Conditions and Remarks:
- Sokoto was created as a state in 1976 when the North-western State of Nigeria was divided into the Sokoto and Niger States. With a land area of 28,232.37sq kilometer, it is bordered in the North by Niger Republic, Zamfara State to the East and Kebbi State to the South and West.
- Culturally the state is homogenous.
- The people of the state are Muslims and Islamic religion provides them with a code of conduct and behaviour.
- There are 23 local government areas (LGA) and 3 senatorial districts in the State. Sokoto state has a projected population of 3.7 million people based on 2006 Census and made up of two major ethnic groups namely Hausa and Fulani. There are also the Zabarmawa and Tuareg minority in the border LGAs.
- As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th October, 2022.
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
Note on Covid-19 vaccination requirements:
- Selected candidates for certain occupational groups may be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) in line with the applicable host entity policy
2. Job Title: Finance Officer at Pro-Health International
Location: Sokoto Capital City, Sokoto
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Finance Officer will be responsible for supervising bank transactions, preparation of payment Vouchers and writing of cheques, posting of payment Vouchers and preparation of financial reports.
- Will be responsible for budget tracking, reviewing posted transactions in the Tally, bank reconciliation and ensuring timely remittances of statutory deductions.
- Make daily postings to ensure income and expenditures are given proper treatment in the project financial system. Ensure that expenditures are within budgetary allocation and report variations
- Ensure efficient use of project resources and compliance with organizational, Nigerian and various
- Undertakes payroll preparation, tax and pension deductions and remit same appropriately
- Ensure efficient use of project resources and compliance with organizational, Nigerian, and various donor financial regulations and procedures, In addition, he or she will:
- Participates in monthly bank reconciliation for the program accounts.
- The Finance Officer will also be in charge of making requisition for funds, reimbursements and involvement in the capacity building of community-based organizations and hands-supports in financial management
- To ensure compliance with PHI manuals and USAID rules and regulations.
- Will keep proper financial records for donor and external audit’s view.
- He or She will participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial reports for donor agencies and PHI.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- Applicants must have BSc / HND in Accounting or other related Social Sciences.
- Also required is minimum of 3 years working experience
- Familiarity with Nigeria NGOs contractual procedures and a relevant higher degree will an added advantage.
- Belonging or in the process of belonging to a Professional Accounting Body will be an advantage.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word Excel and Tally, sound analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Experience in managing USAID grants, rules and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV as one Document to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 13th October, 2022.
- Pro-Health International is an equal–opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
- United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
Few things to know before applying for United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited Recruitment 2022
To apply for the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline for any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Limited Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.