The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment 2023/2024… | Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Nigerian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Nigerian for the 2023/2024 Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA).
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract term: Contract under French law, 6 months’ renewable.
Project: Muna and iTFC training/UMTH, Maiduguri
Line Manager: Head of Mission
Line Management: 3 Activity Managers – Nutrition, Medical and iTFC, 1 Medical Referent – iTFC, 1 Admin Manager and 1 Logistic Manager
Starting Position: November 2023
- ALIMA supports health and nutrition projects in Borno State.
- Following a United Nations alert in May about the dire situation of people displaced by conflict in northeastern Nigeria, ALIMA conducted an exploratory mission in Monguno, a city in Borno State where more than 100,000 displaced people are seeking refuge. Working alongside the Ministry of Health, ALIMA vaccinated children against measles.
- ALIMA found that more than 40% of children were suffering from acute malnutrition, 13 % of whom were suffering from severe acute malnutrition and at a high risk of death.
- Faced with this major emergency, ALIMA deployed additional resources and has now opened 5 clinics to provide urgent medical care to displaced people in Monguno.
- ALIMA teams on the field are providing over 1,000 medical consultations per day, a figure that reveals how alarming the health situation is and the lack of other actors in Monguno, since ALIMA is the only INGO to cover health and nutrition at the moment for over 150,000 people, all the more that internally displaced people are continuing to arrive in Monguno every day.
- Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State, has seen its population more than double with the influx of people displaced from other areas of the state.
- Especially in Muna where about 50 000 IDP moved into the Muna Garage camp and all around, the bad sanitarian, medical and nutritional situation has to be addressed. ALIMA is opening a clinic by the end of August, and already provides general consultations for children and adults.
- Malnutrition cases are managed by the teams, but a larger screening would show how numerous they really are. ALIMA plans to enlarge its activities to provision of services for pregnant women and capacity to take in charge victims of sexual violences.
- ALIMA’s teams in Nigeria represent 21 expatriates.
Mission and Main Activities
- The Project Coordinator is responsible for ALIMA operational response in the Project.
- In close collaboration with the mission coordination team, define and plan the Project objectives and priorities, identifying population’s health and humanitarian needs, analyzing the context and the humanitarian issues at stake, the risks and constraints and calculating human and financial needs.
- Coordinate, in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, its implementation in order to efficiently ensure the goals as well as to improve targeted population’s health conditions and humanitarian situation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise the political and humanitarian situation in the project’s area in order to ensure that ALIMA’s charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners
- Together with the project team, evaluate needs by identifying the population’s health status, by analyzing the context (environment, actors involved, negotiations for access etc.) and associated risks and constraints in order to define priorities and projects goals and to calculate material, human and financial resources needed
- Together with the project team and the Head of Mission monitor the security situation in the area of intervention, propose security guidelines and guarantee their implementation in order to ensure the security of the project team.
- Propose and carry out exploratory missions, according to the Head of Mission’s indications, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints and population needs.
- Ensure a data collection and epidemiological surveillance system, in agreement with the Medical Coordinator, in order to define medical and technical programs and preventive protocols for the targeted population.
- Steer and supervise the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in collaboration with the project team and according to the internal and donor indicators in order to evaluate the level of achievement of the project objectives.
- Provide reporting to the coordination team on the project’s evolution and propose corrections if needed.
- In coordination with the Administration Manager and Activity Managers, identify training needs, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to ALIMA values and project’s goals.
- Supervise the project material resources put at ALIMA’s disposition in order to ensure a correct use and its longevity.
- Supervise all orders (medical and logistical) and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, with the support of the coordination, in order ensure efficiency and early detect deviations and its causes.
- Elaborate the Project’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and file them) on its development, in order to broadcast ALIMA achievements and improve awareness.
- In coordination with the Administration Manager and Activity Managers, plan and organise the organizational charts, plan and distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their understanding of the issues linked to the Project and the Mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals.
- Inform the field team on the instructions given by the mission coordination promoting fluent, smooth written and oral communication and information flow and ensuring confidentiality and full compliance with security rules and medical ethics.
- Supervise full implementation of safety and health protocols, reporting the Medical Coordination on risky behaviors’, in order to ensure safe working conditions for the project staff.
- Be responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for.
Implementation of Prevention Measures Against Abuse of Power, Gender-Based and Sexual Violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions.
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse. Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
Experience & Skills
- University Degree or Paramedical Diploma / Degree desirable.
- Previous experience in humanitarian aid.
- English Speaking, reading and writing, mandatory. French is an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel & internet).
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experiences with international medical NGOs & experience in project management desirable.
- Experience in security management is desirable.
Depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd November, 2023.
- Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
Few things to know before applying for Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment 2023
To apply for the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline for any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.