The Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) Recruitment 2022/2023… | Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) recruitment 2022 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Nigerian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) Recruitment and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Nigerian for the 2022/2023 Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa).
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2022.
Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) Recruitment 2022/2023
1. Job Title: Education Manager
Job Reference No: NGA-22/NIG/ERF/SAI/NGO/0021
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- GHIV Africa since moving to Northeast Nigeria in 2019 has been implementing humanitarian and developmental interventions in Health, Education, WASH, Livelihoods and Protection. These interventions have directly targeted over 6000 vulnerable children, women, girls and boys as well as people with disabilities.
- The conflict stemming from the insurgency of non-state armed groups (NSAGs) in north-east Nigeria continues as intensely as ever. The attacks and insecurity have displaced millions of people, devastated agricultural production and other livelihoods, cut off essential services, and caused a crisis of protection.
- Some 8.4 million people in the north-east states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY states) will need humanitarian aid in 2022, only slightly fewer than a year ago. Of these, 2.2 million are internally displaced; 1.5 million are returnees who lack essential services and livelihoods; and 3.9 million are members of communities affected by their hosting of internally displaced people. This figure also includes the majority (an estimated 733,000) of the 1 million people in areas currently inaccessible to international humanitarian actors (HNO 2022).
- Following these increasing needs, GHIV Africa has expanded its operations in Nigeria especially in the North-east, North-central and the North-west regions of the country and is looking for a qualified candidate who has worked in a similar role and in this contexts to support her operations in Nigeria as Education Manager.
The purpose of this role is to:
- To ensure the effective and timely implementation of the project.
- Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day running of the project activity in line with the project document.
Duties / Responsibilities
- The Project Manager will be responsible and ultimately accountable for the project’s strategic direction, planning, quality programming and implementation, financial management, team leadership, stakeholder and partner relationships, and donor deliverables.
- Harmonization of all the activities report in all three (3) LGAs to the Head of Programs on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate the documentation and compilation of lessons learned, and support the MEAL department on assessments, Monitoring, and Evaluation activities on the project.
- Collect and send weekly reports and monthly consolidated reports
- Collect and compile learns learned and challenges from field locations.
- Support on project assessments, and analysis and support the MEAL department of MEAL process and activities
- Observe and record trends and situation of project location in terms of gaps and persons in Need for future programming
- Provide weekly updates on challenges, and progress to the head of programs in all locations of implementation.
- Project cycle management processes and tools (including detailed implementation plans and annual work plans) are effectively implemented to achieve project outcomes while adhering to the donor, and government agreements.
- Facilitate the implementation of project assessment, analysis, design, and capacity building.
- Responsible for designing manual for and directions/coordination of training for the education project.
- Together with officers/consultants carry out training/workshops for beneficiaries, stakeholders, and staff on projects.
- Assist supervise the activities carried out by the officer, send weekly update, and consolidate monthly reports to the database programs
- Fill EiE 5Ws on a monthly basis, manage, maintain, and update the project data base
Technical Expertise, Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies
- A University Degree (BA/BSc/HND/MA) or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or a related field is required.
- A Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in effective project management practices in complex environments, particularly non-formal education projects, with a minimum of five (5) years of education project implementation experience in a similar role.
- Experience with multi-million dollar projects in planning, budgeting, and grant management.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, keep calm under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate multiple tasks, and pay attention to detail.
- Worked with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national, district, and local levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and internationally recognized child protection standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving abilities, creativity, and adaptability.
- Understanding of gender issues in Nigeria, particularly in the education sector
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, is at ease in a multi-cultural setting, is adaptable, and can handle pressure well.
- Appropriate reading and writing skills in both English and Hausa
- Creates a strong sense of purpose and commitment within one’s own department as well as with stakeholders.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting agreed-upon goals and standards of behavior.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism/integrity.
- Full knowledge of the EiE Working Group, and understanding of the education situation of northeast Nigeria.
- Good knowledge of Child Safeguarding, PSEA Policies, and the concept of DO NO HARM, and good at working with children and vulnerable people especial in emergency settings.
- Good knowledge of teaching pedagogy and usage in emergency settings, emergency preparedness, and relief management.
- Experience working in emergencies context.
- Experience working with internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), refugees, and other vulnerable populations
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or a related field is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th October, 2022.
- Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
Few things to know before applying for Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) Recruitment 2022
To apply for the Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline for any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.