The International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2023/2024… | the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment Portal is now open for new recruitment. the International Rescue Committee (IRC) recruitment 2023 application form, Closing date, requirements, and guidelines for free here.
Are you a Nigerian who has been looking for an opportunity to get recruited for the upcoming International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment and yet you are still not sure how to start? This Portal is Basically made for you. We will be of help by directing you to the process and method of application, All you need to do is to follow the guidelines.
They invited applications from a suitably qualified Nigerian for the 2023/2024 International Rescue Committee (IRC) recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at the International Rescue Committee (IRC).
Therefore, all Interested and qualified applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years by 31st December 2023.
the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Graduate Student Consultant
Requisition ID: req33356
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Consultant
Employment Type: Part Time
About the Consultancy Service
- IRC is leading a research study in the Central African Republic (CAR) and Nigeria that aims to examine practices and experiences of care along the referral pathway from BEmONC to CEmONC facilities and identify recommendations for strengthening referrals and improving experiences of care for clients, particularly those seeking care for obstetric complications.
- One of the objectives of this study, which began in September 2023, is to assess referral structure and capacity at BEmONC and CEmONC facilities in order to understand readiness to provide adequate counseling and services to women and girls.
The Purpose of the Assignment
- To support with undertaking formative work and ultimately writing country reports that summarize the landscape and identify key implications for the sector. This might include working with national- and local-level implementing partners to collect and analyze referral protocols, gather implementer perspectives on facilitators and barriers to referral in each site, review relevant data systems as feasible, and support with developing interview guides and tools for future data collection.
The Specific Objectives
Specifically, the formative work entails:
- A desk review: of referral protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs) from IRC and implementing partners, and national- or sub-national level policies and protocols
- Reviews of secondary data from health information systems: extract and analyze data from relevant health information systems at the national and sub-national levels (local DHIS or HMIS systems) to capture population size, rates of facility deliveries, birth rates and related mortality rates, and caesarian section rates.
- Key informant interviews: (approximately 10 per country) will be conducted with partner program managers and supervisors, MoH representatives, and other stakeholders to capture their perceptions of and experiences with how well referral pathways are operating, and suspected barriers and facilitators to careseeking and referral adherence.
- Health facility assessments: conducted at BEmONC level, and CEmONC level facilities when feasible, to capture facility readiness.
Duration of the Consultancy Service:
- The time and duration of this assignment will need the candidate to work for 100 hours or a maximum 3 months.
- The assignment will be involving health facilities in MMC, Jere and Gwoza , LGAs in Borno state, and Gujba and Damaturu LGAs in Yobe state, NG. It is possible that graduate student can be based in Maiduguri and be supported by the IRC to work remotely.
- The country reports that emerge from these practicums will inform the design of the research study, including facility site selection, key informant interview guides, and referral audits.
- The study will result in recommendations to strengthen the referral pathway so as to improve quality of care, access to care, timeliness of care, and health outcomes – and these recommendations will be first informed by the formative work undertaken by the students.
- Examples of work the intern could accomplish during the placement (Please give a clear sense of the type of work that a student could expect to do, recognizing that student and preceptor may re-negotiate specific details as the internship experience unfolds):
- Desk review
- Secondary data analysis
- Analysis of EmONC referral pathway protocols
- Recommendations for study design
- Stakeholder engagement at global and national level
- Report writing
- Key informant interviews.
- Proposed public health practice activities that the project anticipate for the graduate student to accomplish through the project include:
- Analyze Data (Primary or Secondary)
- Write Report
- Analyze SOPs/programs
- Develop interview guides.
- Attend and Participate in Inter and/or Intra Agency Meetings
- Design Programs
- Review Literature
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge and / or Experience Required
- A proven Nigeria Graduate student currently running Health-related program / studies in any Post-graduate school in any country but resident in Nigeria.
- MS Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English
- Ability to work independently.
- A current Nigeria graduate student in health-related program/studies.
- Experience in desk research and development of technical, advocacy and/or research briefs
- Experience in and/or knowledge of maternal and newborn health
- Experience in and/or understanding of the humanitarian contexts and key actors.
- Familiarity with qualitative data collection.
- The terms of payment shall be discussed at the initial stage prior to starting the consultation.
- The payments will be made in form of cheques/or direct bank transfer in the name of the consultant or firm named in the contract.
- IRC will deduct with-holding tax at source as per the rules of taxation governing IRC operations and it will be deposited directly to custodian of such tax.
- No other benefits shall be admissible beyond what is stipulated in the contract, nor does it guarantee a regular position in IRC.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should read and strictly follow the detailed Terms of Reference and submit their Applications to: [email protected] using “Graduate Student Consultancy for Development of EmONC Referral Formative Work” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 24th October, 2023.
- Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit the application with his/her current CV/resume attached.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All the outputs – Reports, database, etc. produced from this assignment will not be disseminated in part or whole without express authority, in writing from IRC. Thus, the graduate student shall not produce these materials in any form (electronic, hard copies, etc.) to a third party without written permission from the IRC
How To Apply
- the International Rescue Committee (IRC) DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during, or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
Few things to know before applying for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2023
To apply for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2023. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline for any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment requirements and possess any required documents before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.